Friday 25 February 2005

Beggars

Got hit up by a beggar as I was walking past the hospital yesterday and for once in sydney it may just have been that this person was legitimate but probably not.
For a start he said he had just got out of hospital after coming to sydney for an operation, which would seem logical since he was standing near the hospital and was replete with bandages. Still when he said he was from Queensland and had to get get back there as his father had just shot himself I started to get suspicious, after all theres no doubt queensland is a bit backwards but I'm sure they still have hospitals. But what really made me doubt him was the fact that he kept telling me his story was real every few seconds. Nonetheless I sent him on his way with a staggeringly generous $1.20 donation. After all his father had just supposedly shot himself so I didn't want to be too mean, although a subtle question about weather his newly aquired inheritance could have helped him may have been appropriate.

No comments: