Thursday 29 June 2006

London

I arrived in London on the 22nd of June after an awful day long flight from Sydney. I have to say there is nothing pleasent at all about long haul flights. The movie selection was rather awful and the three that I bothered watching were King Kong, Failure to Launch and Match Point. Out of these three Match point was by far the best but only due to the negligible competition.
After arriving in London the first day was spent seeing the sights and trying to stay awake.
The Tate Modern was the highlight of the day and in particular the surealist section, which had paintings by Dali and Picasso that even a phillistine like myself could recognise. My favorite painting from the gallery being Ein klein nachtmusik by Dorothea Tanning. Other highlights included Carl Andre’s 'Equivalent VIII', which is really just a stack of 120 bricks.

Ein klein nachtmusik Plagarised from this site.

Also had a look at the St Pauls cathedral and saw my first tree rat.

St Pauls Cathedral
St Pauls Cathedral

Tree Rat
Tree Rat


No comments: