Thursday 15 March 2007

Not doing much

Slowly dribbling towards the completion of my thesis so I haven't been doing much lately.
I did get to have a meeting with Jean-Marie Lehn as part of a lecture series that he is giving in Australia. As he is a Nobel prise winner I though a good 50 people or so people would show up and I could just stand at the back looking gormless and not have to do anything. Sadly only about 10 people showed up and they were all nearly as slack as I was so for most of the 20 excruciating minutes Jean-Marie asked us questions.
Also managed to wander around the Olympic Park with Simon and Marty and see a few critter namely a nice blue tongue and some long neck turtles as well as a double barred finch.

1 comment:

Mikey said...

Hey Jarrod & Adelle, I hope you are almighty fine...Thanks for the phone and guess what !?!? It's with me in Chicago so if you ever need it back I can post to you so please let me know o.k ?? Thank you sooo much for that BTW ... Also loving the pics on the blog aye ... am in Chicago with my DrG and loving it here, 2 weeks time I will be with another kiwi Desiree in London for a year ... OMG am I alright !?!?